Thursday, December 20, 2012

A special thank you

I have to take a moment to give a special thank you.  A lot of very generous people responded to my last post by donating to my effort to attend the Lasallian Volunteers midyear retreat.  As of yesterday, my flights are booked!  It´s going to take 4 different itineraries to get to Albany and back, and 3 layovers each way, for a round trip total of more than 30 hours of travel, but it will be absolutely worth it.  To the many of you who made this possible, THANK YOU.  Really, truly, sincerely, thank you.  I was honestly very worried that I wouldn´t be able to go, but the response of my friends and family has been incredible.  Besides the donations, I also received some very thoughtful and encouraging words from you, and for those of you reading this now, know that it means a lot to me just to think that you´re taking the time to follow what´s going on in my life, let alone that you might concern yourself enough to write me an e-mail.  It´s easy to feel alone in the world, and it can be hard to reach out and help somebody feel connected.  Thank you for reaching out to me.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas (or, if you don´t celebrate Christmas, a wonderful few days off work, at least), and a happy New Year, assuming of course that the world doesn´t end tomorrow.

Alex

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad it all worked out! Go to Albany and recharge your batteries with the LVs. Love you!

    ReplyDelete